If in Florida you will need the following:
- Saltwater fishing license. (you can get this from the FWC website)
- Lobster stamp. (goes with fishing license)
- Scuba certification card.
- Gloves. (I recommend Kevlar dive gloves)
- Lobster gauge.
- Tickle stick / spear gun!
They are not hard to find or catch. Carapace must be larger than 3" (measured in the water; per FWC). Possession and use of a measuring device is required at all times. A lot of people like to use nets to assist in catching; you tickle them out of a hole and net them. I prefer to set something next to them and grab them. A spear gun works great...