Can someone provide feedback on what type of valve I should get for a tank, din, yolk, or a hybrid that allows both?

+2 votes
asked Jul 19, 2018 in Scuba Diving by Davidb (1,816 points)

3 Answers

0 votes
answered Jul 20, 2018 by George1224 (5,147 points)
I have hybrids on all of mine. I use Din when sidemount diving and yoke when back mount or teaching.
0 votes
answered Jul 20, 2018 by Cvet (3,369 points)
I Think that it depends on the type of diving your doing. I have 22 tanks and several valves of each type. Also I have an adapter to move from din to yoke with out any problem. So what type of diving do you do???
commented Jul 20, 2018 by Davidb (1,816 points)
Thanks Cvet, mostly I do dives for fun, not too much technical. I heard din is better because you control the o ring and it has a higher pressure threshold. Not sure that makes a difference though.
0 votes
answered Jul 20, 2018 by hurfish (3,024 points)
Many of the new tanks have a hybrid valve, makes sense to get it
About   Contact   Privacy Policy   Store   Rewards for Q&A